Thursday, May 3, 2018

Swoon Thursday (#275): Beauty and the Barbarian by Amy Jarecki


- From the book you’re currently reading, or one you just finished, tell us what made you SWOON. What got your heart pounding, your skin tingling, and your stomach fluttering

- Try to make the swoon excerpt 140 characters (or less), if you are going to tweet about it. Use the hashtag #YABOUND when tweeting


This week, my swoon is from Beauty and the Barbarian by Amy Jarecki!


Ian slid a wram hand around the back of her neck and gently rubbed. "Ye're blushing."

Merrin slapped both hands to her inflamed cheeks. "Am I?" [... spoilers...]

She tried to pull away from his grasp, but Ian slid his other hand to her shoulder and drew her toward him until she perched upon his lap. Merrin's eyes fell to his lips. His tongue slipped out and moistened them, his eyes focused on her mouth. Her head spun as she realized he was moving closer to kiss her again.

Merrin couldn't pull away. She wanted this too much. Every inch of her skin alive, trembling, the only thing that existed was Ian. Her senses filled with his spicy scent. He touched his lips to hers, but not like he had before. This time he lingered.

- Kindle copy, page 51



I adored this book! You can check out my review HERE. This particular scene was all about the anticipation, and the author nailed it!

6 comments:

  1. Oh, sweet to sultry there. Good pick! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Personally not a fan of all the blushing, but the second part's definitely on point. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Every swoon Thursday you post makes me want to read the book but I REALLY want to read this one (and the others in the series) :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great swoon. I have read some of Amy's work and enjoyed it too.
    sherry @ fundinmental

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay for awesome swoon :D So glad you loved this book so much. <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty cover and it does sound good. If you are rereading it, it must be. :-)
    sherry @ fundinmental

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! I will always try and reply to your comments, as well as leave some comment love on your blog! :)

Also, this an award and tag free blog. While I am flattered that you would think of me, I really do not have the time to follow up. Thank you!