Wednesday, April 11, 2018

Waiting on Wednesday (#276): A Sorrow Fierce and Falling by Jessica Cluess


"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.


This week, I'm featuring:


A Sorrow Fierce and Falling by Jessica Cluess
Book Three of the Kingdom on Fire series
Publisher: Random House Books for Young Readers
Publication Date: October 16, 2018

Summary (from Goodreads):

It's time for war.

After suffering terrible losses, Henrietta and Lord Blackwood have led their warriors to Sorrow-Fell, a vast estate where only those invited by a Blackwood may enter--and the ideal place to plan a final assault against the Ancients.

It's time for a wedding.

Henrietta nervously awaits her marriage to Blackwood, but when the ritual to become his bride reveals a dark secret, she realizes that Sorrow-Fell is not a safe haven; it's a trap. Convincing the sorcerers of this, however, is not easy. So with Maria, the true chosen one, and Magnus, the young man who once stole her heart, at her side, Henrietta plots a dangerous journey straight into the enemy's lair. Some will live. Some will die. All will be tested.

In this stunning conclusion to the Kingdom on Fire series, Henrietta must choose between the love from her past, the love from her present, and a love that could define her future. While battles rage, the fate of the kingdom rests on her decision: Will she fall or rise up to become the woman who saves the realm?



I really liked A Shadow Bright and Burning, but I actually haven't read A Poison Dark and Drowning... I will binge-read that book and this conclusion one!

17 comments:

  1. Really looking forward to finishing this series! It's been so good so far!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Soooo excited for this one as well!! I cannot wait to read it!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh! This sounds awesome! I never read this series before, but it sounds interesting! Great pick!

    Here’s my WoW!

    Ronyell @ Rabbit Ears Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't gotten around to reading the first book yet but I am loving the colors of this cover!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, what a pretty cover! Hope both books are amazing! Thanks for sharing, Alyssa!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That cover sure is pretty! Not a series I'm reading, but the covers rock😁

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a series I still need to start, they all seem to have awesome names, as well as beautiful covers. Hope you get your hands on it soon!
    Check out my Wednesday post

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like a pretty fabulous conclsion- and that cover alone!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was actually just looking at this on GR last night! I CANNOT WAIT. How is this series so good?

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh that cover alone is just beautiful <3

    ReplyDelete
  11. I haven't read any of this series. I hope you enjoy reading the last 2 books!
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  12. I haven't read any of these, but that cover is beautiful for sure. :)

    -Lauren
    www.shootingstarsmag.net

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh wow! I think this is the best cover in the series! I cannot wait to read the final book, and I hope things work out the way my heart desires lol

    ReplyDelete
  14. I haven't read this series, though I do have the first book somewhere, which I should really pick up one of these days. It must be good, if you are so excited to binge read book two and three!

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
  15. I never started this series....so behind. I hope book three is amazing for you though!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hahahaha.. Oh, these books. The first was kind of good, and the second so bad :p Uuugh. And this summary. Oh my gosh. I mean, really. "Henrietta must choose between the love from her past, the love from her present, and a love that could define her future." HAHAHAHA. Now that very much spells love triangle, aka square, yeah? -.- So disappointed, to be honest, haha. Since these covers are SO beautiful :) But also, cannot wait to see your thoughts on book two and this one. <3

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! I will always try and reply to your comments, as well as leave some comment love on your blog! :)

Also, this an award and tag free blog. While I am flattered that you would think of me, I really do not have the time to follow up. Thank you!