Thursday, January 4, 2018

Swoon Thursday (#258): Unearthed by Amie Kaufman and Meagan Spooner


- From the book you’re currently reading, or one you just finished, tell us what made you SWOON. What got your heart pounding, your skin tingling, and your stomach fluttering

- Try to make the swoon excerpt 140 characters (or less), if you are going to tweet about it. Use the hashtag #YABOUND when tweeting


This week, my swoon is from Unearthed by Amie Kaufman and Meagan Spooner!


Now that his bright helmet's off and out of my eyes, I can see some of Jules's face in the half light left by the mirrors high overhead. His dilemma is so clearly written there that my heart aches for him. And in that moment I know what to do.

"Sometimes you have to go on instinct," I whisper. Then I lean into him and stretch up onto my toes, sliding one hand up his arm to curl around the back of his neck and pull him down into a kiss.

For an instant, there is no portal. There's no Liz, no armed crew ready to kill us, no loved ones waiting for us on Earth. He's motionless for a heartbeat. Then he slides his arm around the small of my back and pulls me in against him, our bodies colliding and robbing me of breath.

His other hand cups my cheek, as gentle as his embrace is fierce, and my skin burns where his fingers rest. I meant to shock him, distract him, interrupt his frozen indecision - and instead I'm the one who's melting, my body fitted against him, my lips parting with his, a heat washing over me so intense I have to break away or else catch fire...

- ARC, pages 198-199



This book is amazing (so far)! I'm hoping to post my review tomorrow. Mia and Jules are cute. Did you know? If you preorder Unearthed (less than a week left to do so), you'll receive goodies!


Be sure to check out the authors' tour schedule, to see if they are coming to a city near you!

10 comments:

  1. I never preorder books but am so tempted to get this one. It's top on my TBR list for 2018.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad to hear you're enjoying this! I just finished the audiobook yesterday, and unfortunately I did not do as well with it. I just didn't feel the chemistry between Jules and Mia.

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
  3. GAH, THAT'S ADORABLE. I've heard so many cute things about Jules--I need this now!! Thanks for sharing, Alyssa! <3

    - Aimee @ Aimee, Always

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really really want to read this one <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amie Kaufman and Meagan Spooner definitely know how to bring on the swoons!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really can't wait to read this one, it sounds amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. IItss on my wish list, but I can't afford to order it now, no matter what the preorder goodies are lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. I cant wait to read this one! My preorder goodies already arrived and now I just need the book. Love that swoon!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Eee, lovely swoon Alyssa :D Sigh. I loved this book so so much. <3 Adorable romance :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! I will always try and reply to your comments, as well as leave some comment love on your blog! :)

Also, this an award and tag free blog. While I am flattered that you would think of me, I really do not have the time to follow up. Thank you!