Thursday, March 16, 2017

Swoon Thursday (#216): A Crown of Wishes by Roshani Chokshi


- From the book you’re currently reading, or one you just finished, tell us what made you SWOON. What got your heart pounding, your skin tingling, and your stomach fluttering

- Try to make the swoon excerpt 140 characters (or less), if you are going to tweet about it. Use the hashtag #YABOUND when tweeting


This week, my swoon is from A Crown of Wishes by Roshani Chokshi!


I'd like to think I have a number of virtues. But patience has never been one of them. The moment the door closed, I caught his lips against mine. Swift and urgent. Our hands moved hungrily across each other. His fingers dug into my waist, pulling my hips to his.

At once, time was too fast and too slow and distance felt like an illusion we were trying to shatter. I pushed him against the door, tearing off his jacket. Vikram stood there, a tilt to his head as he let himself be appraised. The corded lines of his muscles caught the light, and my eyes roved from his broad shoulders down the lean, carved plane of his torso. I kissed him again. Slowly. As if the trial of tomorrow were an eternity away. We traded heartbeats until we kissed to one cadence, and I didn't know where we stopped and started.

- eARC, pages 249-250




I'm cheating a little, because I read this book last week. This week's reads haven't been super swoony so far. I adored this scene (and the book)!

24 comments:

  1. Great pick for the passage! Very swoony! I need to read the first book in this series ASAP!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! This was one of my favorite scenes, and with good reason. :D

      Delete
  2. Words cannot explain how much I love Gauri and Vikram! They are my absolute favorite couple this year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. That was some steam that makes a little part of me wish this wasn't YA! LOL

    Nice pick. Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yaaassss! I wish it would have gone further! Thank you, Angie. ^_^

      Delete
  4. I still need to read The Star-Touched Queen! It's one of those books where I was really excited to get it, but then I never actually read it, lol. I LOVE the covers for this series! They're sooo pretty.

    Liz at Midnight Bloom Reads

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I liked it, but I liked this book more. You should read both but this one was the better one! The covers are so, so gorgeous!

      Delete
  5. Oh, my! That is SWOONY! The writing seems to be as gorgeous as the book's cover. You had already added this book to my list, but now I'm going to be in an even bigger hurry to get to it and to that scene ;) Thank you so much for sharing, Alyssa! Wonderful pick!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! There weren't a ton of swoony/kissy scenes in this book, but the whole book was swoony in general. If you know what I mean. ;) I hope you enjoy the book! Thank you. :D

      Delete
  6. Yay for cute swoon :D I am pretty curious about this one. Have it ordered ;p Just have to read book one first :) Lovely post. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooo! I hope you get the chance to read it! You can read them separately. ;)

      Delete
  7. I am absolutely dying with this teaser Alyssa, you always seem to pull these amazing ones out each week. This teaser also has me kicking myself as I haven't read the first book in this series yet, but I shall be rectifying this immediately!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehehehe, I try! You should definitely give the books a shot. I liked book two more, but book one was great too!

      Delete
  8. Oh swooooon! :D I really need to get around to buying the first book and this one too, of course. I think I would love the books! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooo, I hope you enjoy both! I loved this one more, but I liked book one too (it just didn't really impress me). Happy reading!

      Delete
  9. Very swoony! I do need to read this series - it sounds fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES! Or at the very least, read this one! It was excellent. <3

      Delete
  10. AHH, I am so excited for this one! So. Much. Swoon. *dies*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right?! I hope you read it and love it, Keertana!

      Delete
  11. WHOA!! I neeeeed! I've yet to read the first book so obviously I need to get my hands on it.
    Genesis @ Latte Nights Reviews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do it! You can read one without the other. I felt so-so about book one, but I loved this book!

      Delete

I love comments! I will always try and reply to your comments, as well as leave some comment love on your blog! :)

Also, this an award and tag free blog. While I am flattered that you would think of me, I really do not have the time to follow up. Thank you!