Thursday, December 8, 2016

Swoon Thursday (#202): RoseBlood by A.G. Howard


- From the book you’re currently reading, or one you just finished, tell us what made you SWOON. What got your heart pounding, your skin tingling, and your stomach fluttering

- Try to make the swoon excerpt 140 characters (or less), if you are going to tweet about it. Use the hashtag #YABOUND when tweeting


This week, my swoon is from RoseBlood by A.G. Howard!


(Context: she's kneeling on the ground, telling him something. He is near her, standing.)

... I can't finish, because his warm lips cover mine.

At first, he takes his time with it, guiding my face with his calloused fingertips, teasing me - feather-soft contact with just enough spark to electrify my mouth and send tingles through my teeth. We're one for an instant, lips sealed, then sipping hungry breaths before clinging again. The moment his gentle ministrations coax a whimper of pleasure from my throat, he drops to his knees and drags my body against him, gripping my lower back in a seductive bid for more.

His lips part and our tongues meet, lighting up my insides with voltaic pulses of motions, auras that burst in my mind on explosions of color flavored with caramel, midnight flowers, and singed spices = dark, tempestuous, and succsulent. I tighten my arms around his nape, fingers curled in his silken hair, lost to the magic of us.

He moans and lowers me to my back, breaking our kiss so his lips can traverse my cheek, my ear, my jaw, my neck - discovering me, tasting me - igniting the spiritual musics that only he inspires.

- ARC, page 357




I loved this book! It was absolutely wonderful - especially the romance. So much lovely (triangle-free) swoon!

24 comments:

  1. OH MY GOSH that was beautiful! Thanks for sharing, and GOSH that was hot <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're very welcome! I'm glad you enjoyed it. =)

      Delete
  2. Great excerpt! I am definitely swooning now and will need to check out this book!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ughh, one of my fave moments in this book. <3 <3 I love Howard's imaginative descriptions to such moments. The whole book was a definite wonder to read!

    - Aila @ One Way Or An Author

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yaaasss! She's a great writer. I wish I liked her debut trilogy more. :o

      Delete
  4. Oh yes, this one is already on my list to read. Tantalizing excerpt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy to hear that! It really was tantalizing. ;)

      Delete
  5. Hell I need a fan. That was hot for a YA novel! I can't wait to read this (hopefully) by the end of December!
    Genesis @ Latte Nights Reviews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The whole scene was SWOONY! There weren't too many kissy scenes (which is sad), but the ones that WERE in the book were very worthy of being featured on Swoon Thursday. ;D

      Delete
  6. Uhhhh yep, that seals it. I definitely need to read this one. lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully you get the chance to do so very soon, Julie! ^_^

      Delete
  7. OMG! Thank you so much for sharing this! I'm dying to read this book!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very swoony indeed! I really must check this book out! Thanks for sharing Alyssa!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that swoon and I am so glad to hear you loved this one! I am planning to read it soon and I'm sooooo looking forward to it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay thank you! I hope you love it, Teresa! :D

      Delete
  10. Oh my God! Thank you for sharing, now I'm more excited to read this book!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh yeah... I can see why you like that one! Thimgs are just heating up!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I feel sad, because I did not like the swoons in this book at all, lol :D I just did not like the writing, aw :( But I love love love that you loved the book. <3 Hugs. Lovely post Alyssa :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwww, I'm sorry! It's hard if you were going in with high expectations. :/

      Thank you!

      Delete

I love comments! I will always try and reply to your comments, as well as leave some comment love on your blog! :)

Also, this an award and tag free blog. While I am flattered that you would think of me, I really do not have the time to follow up. Thank you!